Friday, August 16, 2013

Testing Resources

I recently gave a presentation to my local testing Meetup, Boulder QA Meetup.  This presentation came out of several conversations I've had recently with different Testers that weren't aware of a lot of the different resources available to Testers.  So, I decided to do my part and pass along some of the things I've been fortunate to find out and learn about.

I believe that when you learn something, give it away.  It can only make others (and you) better.

Here is my presentation on different resources. It's a way to help anyone to start towards a list of their own set of resources.  It's by no means everything.  How could it be?  There's so many sites, trainings, people, blogs, articles, tools, books…it could go on and on.  But one has to start somewhere.

I hope some of these things can help you as much as they've helped and continue to help and enrich me. I know my list will continue to grow!


I've also put the information (plus more) from my slides into a mind map below. You can go directly to Mindmeister to get a closer view.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Teri,

    I like this idea for a presentation at a meetup. Did you pass out the mindmap, use it in your presentation or provide a link to it (other than here)?

    How long did you talk about this subject? Get any good / interesting comments?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris,

      So sorry for the delay in responding to your comment. Thank you for liking my presentation. I didn't pass out any hard copy. I presented it on a TV monitor and then after the meeting I put the link to this blog post on the group's Meetup site that went to everyone.

      As far as the length of the talk, I would say that with the presentation, discussion, and questions, it was about 45 minutes. My presentation was very well received. Most said they hadn't heard about a lot of things or people I talked about, which was the reason for the presentation in the first place!

      Thanks again for you comment,

      Teri

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mophiya. That means a lot to me!

      Teri

      Delete